Sunday, April 12, 2009

CHI-Town Bound

So for those of you who don't already know I will be moving to Chicago come May 17th for the summer and if all goes well, which I hope it does, I'll be there indefinitely. I was offered an amazing internship at Leo Burnett advertising agency. They are one of the worlds biggest agencies with over 30 Cannes Lions (considered one if not the top award for advertising) and many many more prestigious awards from honorable competitions.
I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life. I have found what I love and at times think I'm pretty good at it. Im fired up to get out of the mundane and find new inspiration points, a fresher look on problem solving, and amazing scenery, (provo is so bland, I love big cities). The world is my oyster... or from Leo Burnetts perspective, a big pencil to create big ideas with.

Here is some of my favorite work from the Chicago office and a few of their international offices.

Kellogs All-Brand: I loved this spot, and after watching you will all know why.


McDonald's "Dad's Making Dinner": This couldn't be further from the truth in my household. It totally brought me back.


Hallmark "Brother of the Bride": Classic lines great writting


Petronas "Tan Hong Ming." Leo Burnett Kuala Lumpu Office: Adorable


Shelter "House of Cards." Leo Burnett London Office: Simply Rad


Print:
Ambassador Scotch:



Luxor Highlighter:




McDonald's Non-traditional:


Mr. Zogs Sex Wax:

11 comments:

Kev said...

The love Kuala Lumpur spot. Sadly there's a little bit of truth to the Sex Wax ads...absolutely hilarious.! Chris, you'll do great out there, no doubt!

Norm said...

pretty exciting. I hope do well out there.

Ryan Stephens said...

Wow.
The Zogs stuff is amazing.
Good luck Chris...your finger is gonna need it.

Unknown said...

I know you will do well out there, Chris. Just be yourself and work hard. Props.

Angie said...

we will miss you! don't forget to visit your friends in NYC! good luck with chicago, that will be so awesome.

Unknown said...

man...i wish i did cool stuff! solid post! i might be in chi-town too...heres to internships

Casey said...

If the people worked, then they wouldn't be up until 5 am in the morning spazzing out, now would they?

My Name is Mike said...

Chicago is about to get beat hard by the awesome stick. Congrats man. You're going to be bigger than Harry Carey.

Michelle Michel said...

I am really excited for you! You are so talented and are going to do awesome! we love u!

V said...

did you read those highlighter ads? copywriting was amazing for those..you can read the whole thing or jus the highlighted part and its still a cohesive story. incredible....

Melly Mel said...

hahah I love your blog.