Monday, October 22, 2007

DumbleBackDoor???

COMING OUT
Ok for those who have been living under a rock for the last 10 years may not know much about the Harry Potter series.  Those who know me know that i am obsessed with the books and movies.  Yes i actually read now and then.  But recently the author, J.K. Rowling, of the famous series came out and said that Dombledore, the beloved Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, is gay.  
Now I would like to think i am very accepting and open to the lifestyles people choose to live, but for J.K. Rowling to take one of the most endearing and influential characters of the book and define his sexual preference to me seems a bit much.  I mean, who really cares about the sexual habits of wizards except those who are into Dungeons and Dragons and other weird role playing games like that.  Now if Dumbledores preference had some sort of influence on the outcome of the story then by all means mention it! My issues is that this little tidbit had nothing to do with Harry adventures through puberty and restoring the wizarding world.  
The great thing about books is that it leaves so much to the readers imagination, J.K. dont take away our right of creative interpretation by defining every little irrelevant query, (pun intended), that may go unanswered. 

8 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

I totally agree. The title made me die laughing. Thank you for blogging... love it.

Shannon "Fuller" Davis said...

amen chris. As I read your post I found myself saying out loud "honestly" and "what a joke". Really appreciate this post.

Lisa said...

What is Harry Potter?

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I admit I am way slow these days, but I can't even figure out how to run my current household smoothly, so my blog occasionally takes a hit. I love this entry, and what the h was she thinking. She just lost serious points in my book. I just don't see the relevence. I love HP none the less! You rock and I can't wait to see you.

Melly Mel said...

Welcome to Blogging. So fun.

nicole said...

ya. me too.

Taylor said...

DumbleBackDoor? I don't get it...

PJ and Julie said...

I hadn't heard about all this. Maybe I have been living under a rock, or maybe I have been breathing in too much smoke and ashes. It bugs me though. Thanks for the update