Monday, October 29, 2007

BoySetsFire



So i went home this weekend to make sure everyone in my family was safe and sound from the miniature apocalypse going on in southern California right now.  I was very surprised to see and smell the amount of smoke and ash hovering around my beautiful abode.  This is by far the worst fire incident in Southern Cal i have seen in my life time.  For the first three nights i was home the sun was covered in smoke and at night it would be blood red.  I am happy to say that everyone is fine and things are starting to go back to normal.  
They say the majority of the fires were started by arsonists.  Well i say they are a bunch of arses.  What kind of creep gets his jollies from starting a fire that causes mass destruction and terror.  I just dont understand the world we live in today.  Dont get me wrong there are plenty of things i love and appreciate, but there are other things that really confuse me and  bring me down.  
Im sorry for all those who have been affected by these tragic events and i hope for a strong recovery.




On a lighter note while home i got to play with my gorgeous nieces and handsome nephew.  It was so fun, making cookies, changing diapers (soon to get old) and just loving them to pieces.  Im sorry to say this to anyone who has kids, but these babies are the most adorable and beautiful kids i have ever seen.  I may be a little bias but its true.
My dad also put on one of his famous USC game day spreads for the entire family and for our friends the Malu's.  The food was fantastic, unfortunately the game was not.  What is USC's deal, we have all the parts for a high performance team, but some of the passengers (Sarkisian) just dont know how to drive.  We need to get this figured out by next season, but until then it looks like the Holiday or Vegas Bowl for us :( 

4 comments:

Michelle Michel said...

It was so fun to see you this weekend! I hope you get to come home soon! We love having Chris around!!

Aubrey Messick said...

Well, well, well. What do we have here? Christopher has started blogging? This should be good.

And what? You came home this wekend...and no phone call...

::jill:: said...

what?? a blog?? let's be blog friends! k? k.

Melly Mel said...

You have adorable nieces and nephews! Such cuties. You made cookies? I'm impressed.