Friday, November 21, 2008

Best album of 2008!





The Killers new Cd Day & Age is due out next tuesday but I got it a bit early. Let me first start off by telling you that The Killers are probably in the top 5...nay 3 of my current favorite bands and top 10 for all time favorites. They bring the best of the old world of music and mix it in with the best of the new. There sound is original yet familiar at the same time. Their previous release were big hits in my book. Hot Fuss was a synthesized sound with "sing from the top of your lungs" hit after hit. Sam's Town was a more emotional yet grandiose epic, both musically and lyrically. They go deeper into metaphors and imagery more than anthem alt-pop like their previous.

Day & Age is a perfect hybrid of both these albums, bringing together the successful ingredients that made those albums a success. iTunes describes Day & Age as "truely unique. This is gigantic, cry your eyes out alt-pop with real soul peeping out from underneath the synth pulses and waves of post production."
The Killers truly do bring something new to the table every album. D&A introduces new touches of sounds into it's tracks like, African tribal chanting, harpsichord, trumpets, sax, and harps. But the the music stays true to Killer form.
The more I listen to it the more I love it. Not only do I feel as though this is the best album of 2008, but might possibly be my favorite Killers album and their most successful one.

4 comments:

Carly April said...

boy you best be makin a copy for me!

Carly April said...

funny thing is that i thought to myself while i was writing my list, "I really need some more hip hop on this or else i'm gonna lose respect from Chris." and what do you know?! haha. here's my excuse- actually whatever i say is gonna get crap from you, and I realize that, so never mind. i'll just own up to my mistake. i'd like to make a formal apology to the hip hop world for not paying proper respect.

Lisa said...

I still don't have the album. Brandon would be so disappointed in me! I have an idea, lets be friends in real life?

Who That Be That Is said...

Um, I think it is about time you update your Blog Mr. Christopher.

-Mrs. Koelling