Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No Heartbreaks here


Kanyes West's new Cd 808's & Heartbreaks drops Nov. 25th and I cannot be more excited. The two singles already released, Love Lockdown & Heartless, in my opinion are incredible. They show a more personal and intimate side of Kanye which i feel is a reflection of the past year of his life.
I have had the chance to listen to the entire CD and let me tell you that the whole Cd is sung in the same style as the previous two songs, and I'm not mad about it. I think its different but genius. Kanye truly has stepped up to be the musical voice of our generation and along with that title comes room to be innovative and original. I say good for Kanye for exposing the emotional and darker side of his life and expressing it in a new style of Hip Hop.
808's & Heartbreaks does not fit into his "school" themed catologe; The College Dropout, Late Registration & Graduation. Those Cd's were more cocky, hip hop, mainstream. Believe me they are amazing and what everyone should love and want, but my argument for 808's is this; what successful and influential artist or band hasn't gone off and done a little soul searching and have come back with a different or unique take on their music? (The Beatles, The Killer, Bruce Springsteen, Tu Pac, Chili Peppers, OUTKAST ect.).
I hope everyone really gives this a chance and has an open mind about it. I am very prepared for the majority not to like it because it isnt mainstream or typical Kanye. I say who cares. Its totally new and like nothing you've ever heard before. In my opinion what better person to express new styles in a genre to our generation than Kanye West.
So go out and get it. Enjoy!!!

Songs to look out for:
Paranoid
Streetlights
Tell Everybody that you know Feat. Lil Wayne

6 comments:

Jimmy Pardi said...

Chris as you may know I am currently looking for a new blog to follow. A choice I was force to make as of late, due to perez's newly found hatred to our beloved church. I would have you know that your blog has become one of the top choices, and I have official put myself on email notice of any additions you make to your blog. This may bring a flush of hits to your blog because of my enormous gay following. Therefore i would expect to read about Britney's album drop next week.

Unknown said...

I need your help in listening more to Kanye west. I shall be your padawan.

Kim Messick said...

I'll have you know that Love Lockdown is one of my favorite songs EVER!

Aubrey Messick said...

oops...kim is me! my mom forgot to sign out of her account. but that would be rad if my mom actually listened to kanye.

Lisa said...

Hey... I can't wait to groove to the new Kanye like we did, Golddigger style. So... maybe someday we can hang out? If we don't act soon, I don't think even couples therapy could save us.

Ash and Christian said...

When he performed Heartless at the AMAs this week, I was a little off-put by the "robot voice" and his semi tone-deaf singing. If this is how every song is, sorry, I'm out.

But I still love you. p.s. Did you see SNL this week with Andy Samberg singing in the studio with Ludicris. Freaking crack up.