Friday, November 30, 2007

Battle for Los Angeles


Those who know me know i am a die hard USC fan.  Have been since i was born.  I have pictures of me and my older brother Curt in our hot neon green and pink high-rise Gotcha shorts standing by the famous tommy trojan statue, and many others with my brothers over the years.  Those BYU enthusiasts will hate me for saying this but i am and will always be a USC fan first.  I bleed Cardinal and Gold!!!   
So every year there is one game that i look forward to the most.  USC vs UCLA.  I was surprised to hear over the thanksgiving break that my dad was going to fly me home for the game.  I was not expecting this at all.  I usually get to go to one game a year since i am up at school, but this year was a little different due to the crappy home schedule SC had.  I didnt think i was going to be able to see my trojans this year.  
Now i know this hasnt been the season all us SC fans were expecting or hoping for, but if you look at the entire college football realm, i dont think it was the type of season anyone was expecting for their team.  Fortunately there have been a lot of upsets going in the trojans way, thank you Dixion, that have brought new hope and life into the trojans season.  
This game Truly is the Battle of Los Angeles.  There is a great possibility that the winner of this game goes to the Rose Bowl.  I really hope that this years match up goes a little better for the trojans.  Last years was a disaster, and probably was just as devastating as the Stanford loss.  Ill let you know how the game went, but you would be stupid not to watch it.
Go TROJANS!!!! 

2 comments:

g.lock said...

jealous you got to go! how was it live live? was will farrel on the field again? and did snoop really perform?

g.lock said...

update!